Regarding the Planter
- Who Can Be A Church Planter?
- Am I Called to Plant? (Discovery Tools)
- Am I Ready to Plant?
- Bivocational / Co-vocational Planters
- Straight Street - a new church preparation devotional (available in English & Spanish) Great tool for core development.
- Developing a church constitution - click here to see sample
- Legal steps for starting the new church
- Select an available name (May need to visit County Tax Assessor to investigate)
- Get an Employee Identification Number (EIN) - irs.gov
- Register church name with county - go to your county tax assessor office
- Get an address - UPS store, Post office, Mailboxes etc, or somewhere that rents post office box.
- Open a bank account - make sure your bank requires two signatures on the check.
- File Certificate of formation with State of Texas - see non-profit forms here
- Develop your constitution, (bylaws are probably not necessary at this initial point)
- Create a board of at least 3 people; hold organizational meeting of "Board of Directors"
- Prepare 1023 Federal Tax-Exemption Application [To get your 501c(3)] - see state of Texas website
- Apply for State exemptions (and any other relevant permits)
- Affiliating your church with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention - see SBTC Pastor/Church relations team
Strategies for Planting a Church
- Click here for a sample of a Church Planting Proposal
- Click here for a Planting Proposal Workbook
- Church Plant Strategy Questionnaire (English)
- Guía para Desarrollar una Propuesta para la Nueva Obra (Español)
Demographics and Missionary Thinking
- Community Survey / Opinion Poll sample
- Church Plant Models - different models and approaches that God has used to effectively reach communities around North America.
- If in Texas and you would like information concerning demographics for planting a church, contact SBTC church planting office.
- Texas people group map - peoplegroups.info
- Click here to read the SBTC Coaching Philosophy
- Coaching tools
- If you are an SBTC affiliated church, contact the SBTC planting team to find a coach or find out about coaching training.
- NAMB's Church Growth Projector - an interactive online tool for projecting growth and budget
- Excel budget worksheet of a Church Planting Budget (Hoja de Trabajo para un presupuesto)
- Articles on planter budgets - churchplanting.com and churchplantingwiki.com
- fundraising letter writing helps - click here
- Sample fundraising letter - download here
- Church plant fundraising commitment card tips - click here
- Church donor acknowledgement letter - click here
- Article on using Twitter for fundraising - click here
- 50 ways to say thank you - download here
Pastoral Salary Issues
- How to set up the pastor's salary package
- How much should we pay the pastor?
- Setting up the pastoral retirement benefit - Guidestone.org
- Bible studies for unbelievers
- Estudios Bíblicos para No-creyentes
- SBC 2016 Panel Discussion on Evangelism - Listen - Watch
Missions Strategies / Maps / Offerings
- Reach Texas - SBTC State Missions Offering
- Go Conference (equipping for missions, global connections, security training, etc)
- SEND North America
Bibles in other Languages
Disciplemaking Strategies and Tools (estrategias y herramientas para el discipulado)
- Inductive New Christian discipleship - by Obrero Fiel - Several different languages GREAT STUFF!!
- Other Brand New Christian Studies
- Estudios para Nuevos Creyentes
- 6 Years of Youth/Adult Discipleship materials - Disciple6.org AWESOME STUFF!
- ST4T (Storytelling T4T)
- The Navigators (Los Navegantes)
- Central American Missions International (obrerofiel.com) (Materiales en Español/Portugues/English/and a few others) - really good stuff.
- Mentor guide for discipling (English) (Español)
- Making Disciples (video)
Disciple Measuring Tools (Métricas para asesorar el discípulo)
- Spiritual Assessment Sample
- Inventario Discipular
- Christian Life Profile
- Personal Growth Chart
- MARCS of a disciple - pdf ebook by Robby Gallaty (Kindle version)
- Lifeway Spiritual Assessment
Small Groups / Cells / Missional Communities / Organic (House Church) Strategies
- Epoch Implementation Guide - an easy strategy for leading groups, lay people, and others to understand and engage in a missional lifestyle
- Epoch Multihousing M-Pact
- EDGE Equipping Manual - used for equipping Christians for evangelizing, disciple-making, gathering people and establishing churches
- EDGE Guide
- Sermon based small group workshop video - click here (viewing may require creating a login on SBTC's online training site)
Organic Church Planting / House Churches
- Prayer / Prayer-Walking Resources
- Sample letter for enlisting a Prayer Force (intercessory prayer team)(English and Español)
- Baptist Faith and Message, 2000 (various language editions)
- Pursuing the Mission of God by John M. Bailey
- Reaching Hispanics
- The Spontaneous Expansion of the Church by Roland Allen
- Straight Street (Calle La Derecha) - a devotional study for personal use or leading a new launch team to understand the new church plant vision and prepare spiritually for the work of planting.
Tools for Encouraging and Sustaining Leaders
- Dead Leader Running by Wayne Cordeiro (order the DVD / as seen at SBTC's Church Planter Training)
- Dead Leader Running by Wayne Cordeiro (watch on Youtube)
- www.lifeway.com/article/new-church-offer - churches in their first two years of operation may receive free offers from LifeWay by completing this form
- Check out these SBTC Blogs on missions, worship, and prayer
- Newchurches.com - site by Ed Stetzer
- Reproducingchurches.com - church planting resources somewhat centered around organic principles although there are many other model resources there as well.
- SEND Institute - missiological insight to north american church planting
Recursos en Español
- La Expansión Espontánea de la Iglesia - Roland Allen
- Fe y Mensaje Bautista 2000
- Caminos Olvidados - Alan Hirsch
- Hechos 29 - Bruce Carlton
- Plantadores Bivocacionales
- Calle La Derecha - un estudio para el equipo núcleo de una nueva obra
- Guía de Decisión Personal - para usarse despues que alguien hace una profesión de fe