Church Planting Resources y Recursos en Español
Regarding the Planter
- Who Can Be A Church Planter?
- Am I Called to Plant? (Discovery Tools)
- Am I Ready to Plant?
- Bivocational Planters
- Straight Street - a new church preparation devotional (available in English & Spanish)
Basic Training Journey Resources
Basic Training Conference
Preparing to Plant
Foundations for Planting a Church
- Click here for a sample of a Church Planting Proposal
- Click here for a Planting Proposal Workbook
- Click here for a sample of a Church Planting Budget (Hoja de Trabajo para un presupuesto)
Strategies for Planting a Church
- Church Plant Strategy Questionnaire (English)
- Guía para Desarrollar una Propuesta para la Nueva Obra (Español)
- Click here to read the SBTC Coaching Philosophy and find a coach to assist you
Demographics and Missionary Thinking
- Community Survey / Opinion Poll sample
- Church Plant Models - different models and approaches that God has used to effecively reach communities around North America.
- If you would like information concerning demographics for planting a church, contact David Alexander.
Books Related to Church Planting
- Straight Street (Calle La Derecha) - a devotional study for personal use or leading a new launch team to understand the new church plant vision and prepare spiritually for the work of planting.
- Pursuing the Mission of God by John M. Bailey
- The Spontaneous Expansion of the Church by Roland Allen
Bibles in other Languages
Disciplemaking Strategies and Tools (estrategias y herramientas para el discipulado)
- Spiritual Assessment Sample
- Inventario Discipular
- Lifeway Spiritual Assessment
- ST4T (Storytelling T4T)
- The Navigators (Los Navegantes)
- Central American Missions International (obrerofiel.com) (Materiales en Español)
- Making Disciples (video)
Small Groups / Cells / Missional Communities / Organic Strategies
- Epoch Implementation Guide - an easy strategy for leading groups, lay people and others to understand and engage in a missional lifestyle
- Epoch Multihousing M-Pact
- EDGE Equipping Manual - used for equipping Christians for evangelizing, disciple making, gathering people, and establishing churches
- EDGE Guide
Upcoming Conferences and Webinars
Missions Strategies / Maps / Offerings
Organic Church Planting / House Churches
Tools for Encouraging and Sustaining Leaders
- Dead Leader Running by Wayne Cordeiro (as seen at SBTC's Church Planter Training)
- Developing a church constitution - click here to see sample
- Legal steps for starting
- Get an Employee Identification Number (EIN) - irs.gov
- Register church name with county - go to your county tax assessor office
- Get an address - UPS store, Post office, Mail boxes etc, or somewhere that rents post office box.
- Open a bank account - make sure your bank requires two signatures on the check.
- Develop your constitution, create a board of at least 3 people. Get your 501c(3) - see state of texas website
- Affiliating your church with the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention - see Pastoral/church relations team
- Church Planting Resources - a compilation of all resources listed on this page
- www.lifeway.com/article/new-church-offer - churches in their first two years of operation may receive free offers from LifeWay by completing this form
- Check out these SBTC Blogs on missions, worship, and prayer
- Newchurches.com - site by Ed Stetzer
- Reproducingchurches.com - church planting resources somewhat centered around organic principles although there are many other model resources there as well.
Otros Recursos en Español
- La Expansión Espontánea de la Iglesia - Roland Allen
- Fe y Mensaje Bautista 2000
- Caminos Olvidados - Alan Hirsch
- Hechos 29 - Bruce Carlton
- Plantadores Bivocacionales
- Calle La Derecha - un estudio para el equipo núcleo de una nueva obra
- Guía de Decisión Personal - para usarse despues que alguien hace una profesión de fe