What is a Disaster Ready Church?
The mission of a Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Ready Church is to be prepared in the event of a disaster, connect with resources and respond to the community needs when disaster strikes.
- Develop a “Church Disaster Plan.”
- Help your church families develop “Family Disaster Plan.”
- Prepare Emergency Supply List. List en espanol.
- Take church members to your local Southern Baptists of Texas Convention training.
- Investigate ways your church can be a shelter, point of distribution, volunteer coordination center or provide other ministries in your community.
Contact your Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief Ministry.
- Support the SBTC Disaster Relief Ministry through your prayers and participation.
- SBTC Disaster Relief volunteers respond to disasters sharing the Help, Healing, and Hope of our Lord Jesus in Texas, across the United States, and around the world.
Disasters can strike anywhere. This is why every church should be a Disaster Ready Church. Contact the Disaster Relief Ministry of the SBTC now to find out more about getting your church involved as a Disaster Ready Church, ready to serve and share the Help, Healing, and Hope of our Lord Jesus when disasters strike.