And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to
one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ —Matthew 25:40
D.R.C.A.R.E. (Disaster Relief Church Adoption and Restoration Effort) exists to help local churches bring physical and spiritual restoration to families impacted by disasters.
Adopting church helps a family who lost their home during the fires in Bastrop.
- Affirming the local church as the leader in spiritual and physical restoration.
- Collaborating between the local church, the local association and the SBTC to provide strength and order in the restoration process.
- Glorifying God by restoring families and churches through faithful local church ministry.
SBTC will help connect adopting churches to churches and families in need.
The adoption process is handled through a local church.
The adoption process involves three steps:
1) An initial application from the church or family in need outlining general information and needs is collected by the local church.
2) An assessment of the request will be done to evaluate needs and circumstances.
3) After the evaluation, the affected family or church will be matched with an adopting church having the resources and volunteers to fulfill the needs.
SBTC will help facilitate ongoing communication between families and churches regarding needs, expectations, goals, continuing relationships, and next steps.