Collegiate Internship Church Inquiry
What is the purpose of a Collegiate Ministry Intern?
To strengthen local SBTC churches and be a voice for the SBTC & to equip future leaders in ministry.
Who pays for the Internship?
The SBTC Collegiate Ministry Intern Scholarship Ministry is made possible through contributions from SBTC churches to the annual State Missions Offering and the Cooperative Program. SBTC will send $1800/semester to the church for the church to pay the intern.
Does the church have any say in who the intern is?
Yes, the intern is an employee of the local church. You know your students and who would fit your ministry. If accepted for the grant, the church is responsible for finding/interviewing/hiring summer intern.
Can the intern serve the church in other areas of ministry (i.e. Youth)?
No, we expect the intern to work approximately 12-20 hours a week on college ministry related work as well as any additional time required on Sundays. Contact us if you have questions concerning this parameter.
Is any training provided by the SBTC for our intern?
Yes, the SBTC provides a mandatory initial training of the intern.
Responsibilities of participating churches:
- If accepted, the church is responsible for finding/interviewing/hiring summer intern.
- The church must provide a job description and regular oversight/mentorship of the intern.
- The church must reimburse the intern for all ministry-related expenses, including mileage.
- The church must complete and submit a detailed activity report at midterm and conclusion of each semester.
- Churches will be notified if their application is accepted or declined within 3 weeks after the application is received.
Requirements for interns:
- Interns must be young adults, at least one year past high school graduation, with a heart for ministry.
- Interns must be saved, able to share their testimony, and have been baptized by immersion.
- Interns must be a member of the sponsoring SBTC church.
- Interns must pass a background check run by the SBTC.
- Interns are to develop, lead and/or participate in at least the following weekly programs: Sunday morning, Wednesday night, discipleship, outreach; and other events.
- Interns are to involve/develop and multiply leaders that will continue the ministry once the internship is complete.
- Interns must attend training at the SBTC office on the assigned date.
For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.