Phase I Training
- Required for all disaster relief volunteers.
- Introduction to Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief.
- Basic Manual in selected ministry area (clean-up and recovery, communications, operations, chaplaincy, childcare or feeding).
- Hands on Training in selected ministry area.
- Yellow Hat is awarded for the completion of Phase I Training.
- All Disaster Relief volunteers must be recertified every three years.
Phase 2 Training
- Must have completed Phase I in selected ministry area.
- Must have completed Chain Saw School for Clean-up and Recovery.
- CPR and Basic First Aid (can be received from American Red Cross, or American Heart Association, or other nationally recognized provider of this specialized training).
- Advanced Manual in selected ministry area.
- Mock Disaster (Disaster Drill).
Unit Director Training (Team Leader for Clean-up and Recovery)
- Must have completed Phase I and Phase II in selected ministry area.
- Must be recommended from the leadership of a cooperating Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief Unit.
- Unit Director - Team Leader Manual.
- Stress Management.
- Table Top Drill.
- Awarded appropriate Blue Hat upon completion. (Blue hat with scrambled eggs for Unit Director, Plain blue hat for team leader.)
Phase 3 Training
- Must have completed Phase I and Phase II in a selected ministry area, as well as, Unit Director - Team Leader Training.
- Must be recommended by the State Disaster Relief Director of the SBTC.
- Coordinators Manual.
- Observe Hands-on in all ministry areas of Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief.
- Must complete the FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Self Study Guide for Emergency Management, USA.
- Actual experience in a disaster relief response.
- Serving as coordinator in 2 different disasters.
- Serving under two different supervising White caps.
- Table Top Drill.
- Awarded the White Hat upon completion.