Phase I Training
- Required for all disaster relief volunteers.
- Introduction to Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief and phase one selected ministry area.
- Basic Manual in selected ministry area (clean-up and recovery, communications, assessments, chaplaincy, childcare or feeding).
- Training in selected ministry area.
- Yellow Hat is awarded for the completion of Phase I Training.
- All Disaster Relief volunteers must be recertified every three years.
Phase 2 Training (Team Leader Training)
- Must have completed Phase I in selected ministry area.
- Must have completed Chain Saw School for Clean-up and Recovery.
- CPR and Basic First Aid (can be received from American Red Cross, or American Heart Association, or other nationally recognized provider of this specialized training).
- Advanced Manual in selected ministry area.
- Must be recommended by Disater Relief unit leadership
Unit Director Training
- Must have completed Phase I and Phase II in selected ministry area.
- Must be recommended from the leadership of a cooperating Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief Unit.
- Unit Director - Team Leader Manual.
- OSFA / Stress Management.
- Incident Management
- Table Top Drill.
- Awarded Blue Hat upon completion.
- Servant Leadership