(Formerly WORSHIP UNIVERSITY)
Early Registration- $190/ camper if registered before March 1st
Late Registration- $235/ camper if registered after March 1st
For More information please email SBarron@sbtexas.com or call the SBTC at 817-552-2500.
What are you doing to develop the next generation of leaders?
Give your students a 20 year head start in Leadership principles and practice. Lead Camp is geared for high school and college students who want to minister now in their culture. It involves the development of experiential skills for the purpose of strengthening the local church. It is not just for students who feel “called” into vocational ministry, but is for all students who exhibit the desire or ability to be a leader.
With new leadership comes a new vision, skills, passions, and gifts. In 2014, Steve Maltempi, Lance Beaumont, and other seasoned leaders of Worship U evaluated the camp, prayed, and discussed needed changes.
We discovered a lot needed to be added to Lead Camp. This means everything could not continue in the former format or even at all. However, we believe students will grow exponentially at Lead Camp.
In 2016, Lead Camp will have many new elements. A new design, a new feel, a new vision, and new tracts.
The new vision is to give students a 20 year head start in leadership development. Here are some of the things students will learn:
- Bands will learn their specific instrument from seasoned professions. The focus is student worship bands and students who want to lead in worship.
**MASTER MUSICIAN CLASSES - Worship Leader Skill clinics- All worship tracks students will be given the chance to train with skilled musicians on their instruments in our skill clinics.
These clinics are large group sessions where all students of the same track (worship leader, guitar, keys, drums, etc.) are taught by one of our master instructors.
- Students interested in drama and videography will learn how to combine the two to produce videos that can be shared in their church, school, and around the world as they share Christ.
- Students interested in learning how to run a sound system and lights will be taught by professionals. Students will be equipped to be on their churches sound crew.
Students will be taught the following in large group sessions
- Spiritual development - their spiritual gifts, their leadership style and strengths, evangelism strategies and tools, why the Bible is trustworthy, being called to ministry
- Personal Development – servanthood, leadership principles, time management, having a personal vision, setting goals, owning your life, purity, learn their personal leadership style and strengths
- Culturally/World View – talk about avoiding pornography and how to escape its grip; talk about homosexuality from a biblical perspective; Christians in politics and government; evolution vs creation
ATTENTION YOUTH MINISTER / CHURCH LEADER
While the students do not have to have an adult from their church to attend the camp, we would love to have you there! We encourage and expect all attending adults to be involved in camp activities and sharing in leadership using their abilities.
Questions? Email EvangEvents@sbtexas.com
[Previously known as: Summer Worship University/ Student Leadership Training Camp]