Literacy Missions is a community outreach effort which aims to reach all peoples for Christ by meeting literacy needs. The three areas of Literacy Missions include English as a Second Language (ESL),Adult Reading and Writing (ARW), and Teaching Children and Youth (TCY). Literacy Missions ministries often serve as a gateway for evangelism with different population segments or people groups.
To register for an upcoming ESL training contact Gayla Harris.
For associations, churches, teachers, and missionaries the SBTC Literacy Missions aims to:
- Promote the incorporation of Literacy Missions into church planting and missions strategies
- Support training events and conferences where needed
- Provide educational resources
- Develop a resourceful community of teachers and coordinators.
- Share the Gospel
- Integrate students into a church family
- Teach the English language, survival skills in the US, and American culture
If you are interested in starting a Literacy Missions ministry in your church, contact Terry Coy.
|Beginning a ministry
||Suggested ESL textbooks
||NAMB Literacy Missions
|Subscribe to Newsletter
||Suggested ARW textbooks
||NAMB ESL Promo Video
|Featured Newsletter Article
||Suggested TCY textbooks
||NAMB ARW Promo VIdeo
|Local Needs Survey||NAMB TCY Promo Video|