How To Help
Make a Financial Donation
The Cooperative Program funds the ministry of Disaster Relief. During elevated crisis response times, additional support is needed to fund this missional endeavor of the SBTC. Prayerfully consider participating in the on-going relief ministry as teams deploy to represent Christ by meeting the needs of those who are hurting during difficult times. Donate online now to our general disaster relief fund. Every cent will go to the most crucial immediate needs!
Funds given to disaster relief will be used for general disaster relief purposes rather than for a specific disaster. This allows the use of donated funds for the most pressing current or future need. If you would like your donation to be designated for a specific disaster, please note that designation on your check and mail to:
Disaster Relief Ministry
Southern Baptists of Texas Convention
PO Box 1988
Grapevine, TX 76099
Only trained Disaster Relief Yellow Hats are allowed with our units. See the TRAINING SCHEDULE LINK below for important information regarding volunteer training. Trainings will be set up in areas outside of DFW, as needed. Please contact Scottie Stice if you have a group of 15 or more to set up a training time.
To volunteer to be trained as an SBTC Disaster Relief Volunteer, you must:
- (1) Be an active member of a Southern Baptist church.
- (2) Have a letter of recommendation from the Pastor on church letterhead for the individual(s) from that church.
- (3) Be at least 18 years old.
- (4) Be in good health.
- (5) Have a servant heart.
Ways to Pray for Us
- The SBTC DR Staff.
- The SBTC Task Force Leaders, supporting and cordinating DR volunteers state wide.
- The SBTC Volunteers.
- An increase in interest and volunteer numbers.
- The re-organization and growth and expansion of the Texas DR ministry.