Bible Drill is a Southern Baptist Convention program involving older children, youth and high school students in systematic memorization and location of certain Scriptures. The speakers tournament provides opportunities for high school students to write and deliver a 4-6-minute biblical speech on provided topics.
SBC chuches are welcome to participate in the regional and state finals competitions provided by the Southern Baptists of Texas Convention through Cooperative Program giving.
Approved Drill Bibles
King James Version
Christian Standard Bible
English Standard Version
ESV Pew Edition Black Cover ISBN – 13: 978-1-4335-6343-0
bible drill/speakers tournament dates
*PLEASE NOTE: Church and/or Associational drill score will now count as the Regional score for Children, Youth, High School and Speakers upon submission. Submit scores by Monday, August 31, 2020.
youth bible drill
Youth Bible Drill is a three-year rotational program for students in grades 7-9. Youth will locate books and verses from the Bible, memorize passages and locate specific passages that pertain to various doctrinal and ethical concerns.
The three-year rotation cycles are red, blue, and green. For 2020, students will use the GREEN CYCLE.
high school bible drill
High School Bible Drill is a three-year rotational program for students in grades 10-12. High School students will locate books and verses from the Bible, memorize passages, and locate specific passages that pertain to various doctrinal and ethical concerns.
The three-year rotation cycles are Cycle One (RED), Cycle Two (BLUE), and Cycle Three (GREEN). For 2020, students will use CYCLE THREE (GREEN).
youth speakers tournament
The Youth Speakers Tournament is a ministry for students in grades 10-12 and is designed to encourage growth toward Christian maturity. Teens are challenged to think seriously about their commitment of Christ. Speakers are judged on the composition and delivery of their speeches.
- A Good Name – Proverbs 22:1a
- When I Am Afraid – Psalm 56:3
- Why do Bad Things Happen to Good People? – Mark 10:18
- Does Prayer Change Things? – 1 Peter 3:12, Matthew 21:22
- Resisting Temptation – Matthew 26:41, 1 Timothy 6:9, 1 Corinthians 10:13
- Why We Must Forgive – Ephesians 4:32
7. Is My Faith Strong Enough? – Mark 5, Hebrews 11
8. Memorizing God’s Word – Psalm119:11, John1:1
9. My Road to Damascus: Telling My Story – Acts 9, 2 Timothy 1:7-712
10. Servant Leadership – Matthew 20:25-28, Mark 9:35
11. Why did God Create Me? – Isaiah 43:7, Psalm 100:2-3, Romans 12:1-2