SBTC Disaster Relief Phase 1 Training is for individuals who desire to be the hands and feet of Christ after a disaster strikes. SBTC Disaster Relief meets real needs and shares the good news of hope through Jesus Christ with those impacted by disasters. Trainings offered at this event will give you an orientation into Disaster Relief Ministry and help you to safely work in disasters such as floods, fires, and tornados.
Intro to DR & Phase 1 Training (Adkins)
SBTC Disaster Relief volunteer requirements
- Be a participant of a Southern Baptist Church
- Have a letter of recommendation from the pastor or church (if a new volunteer)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good health
- Have a servant heart
Questions? Call the SBTC office at 1-877-953-7282
- Online Registration Deadline is February 24 at noon. We close online registration early to ensure we have enough staff to serve you. If no one is pre-registered for a particular ministry area training module, it will not be offered.
- Early bird registration – $25
- We offer training for new volunteers, re-credentialing volunteers and current volunteers who only want to take Phase 1 Ministry Area Training. See registration for more info about the type of training that describes your situation.
- Registration at the door: $30
- All volunteers MUST make their own hotel and travel arrangements. These are not reimbursable.