SBTC Day of Prayer for Annual Meeting
October 28, 2018
Each year affiliated churches in the SBTC cooperate in a day of prayer for the annual meeting. The SBTC staff day of prayer is October 24. The day of prayer throughout the convention is October 28. Below are some guides to assist you as we prepare for our annual meeting on November 12-13 at Second Baptist Church, North in Kingwood, TX. The theme is ENTRUSTED, and the Scripture is 2 Timothy 2:2. You may find more information at www.sbtexas.com/am18. Thank you for taking time to lead your congregation to pray for the annual meeting of your state convention. We hope to see you there.
• Begin by thanking God for the 20 years he has entrusted the gospel ministry and churches to the SBTC. We have grown from 120 congregations to 2,680. Praise the Lord.
• Express gratitude to God for the convention's leadership, your association and affiliated congregations.
• Ask God to enable us individually and as a convention to continue to serve the churches in a way that honors the Lord and is effective in reaching Texas and beyond with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Pray our business decisions would honor the Lord in both process and conclusion. Pray for each speaker, especially those who are preaching. Pray for the speaker, that they will be prepared, anointed of the Holy Spirit and effectively deliver the message. Pray for our SBC convention President, J.D. Greear, as he brings a message of his choosing.
• Pray our prayer and worship will be received in heaven and answered on earth.
• Ask God to enable all SBTC affiliated churches and staff to fulfill assignments with joy and effectiveness. May we serve well.
• Pray for revival in the church and spiritual awakening in the nation.
• Let the Holy Spirit lead you. No doubt each of us has our own concerns. Pray as you feel led for the annual meeting.
Pray for Schools and Churches
Camille Minor serves as the Women’s Prayer Network Catalyst. Her role is to develop a network of praying women in the churches. She works directly with the SBTC Prayer Strategist to facilitate a culture of prayer in the church. Please contact Camille Minor for more information.