- Required for all disaster relief volunteers.
- Introduction to Southern Baptists of Texas Disaster Relief and phase one selected ministry area.
- Basic Manual in selected ministry area (clean-up and recovery, communications, assessments, chaplaincy, childcare or feeding).
- Training in selected ministry area.
- Yellow Hat is awarded for the completion of Phase I Training.
- All disaster relief volunteers must be re-certified every three years.
levels of training
phase 2 (team leader training)
- Must have completed Phase I in selected ministry area.
- Must have completed Chain Saw School for Clean-up and Recovery.
- CPR and Basic First Aid (can be received from American Red Cross, or American Heart Association, or other nationally recognized provider of this specialized training).
- Advanced Manual in selected ministry area.
- Must be recommended by Disater Relief unit leadership
interested in phase 2 training?
Volunteers will get a general overview of the SBTC Disaster Relief ministry which includes: deployment procedures (call outs), finances and reimbursements, and volunteer guidelines.
Upcoming Events › Disaster Relief
Volunteers will get a general overview of the SBTC Disaster Relief ministry which includes: deployment procedures (call outs), finances and reimbursements, and volunteer guidelines.Find out more »